Fennel Yurosek Farms Pistachio Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot (about 2 to 3 shallots)
- 2 cups finely diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups cored and coarsely chopped fennel bulb (about 3 medium fennel bulbs)
- 4 cups fresh (soft) breadcrumbs (about 6 to 7 slices)
- 1 1/3 cups (about 8 ounces) roasted, salted, shelled Yurosek Farm pistachios
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add shallot, celery, and garlic, and saut é 8 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften; transfer to a large bowl. Add olive oil to skillet, and heat over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Add fennel, and saut é over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add fennel to celery mixture; let cool 10 minutes. Stir remaining ingredients until well combined. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Prepare this dressing for beautiful color on the plate.