Yurosek Farms Pistachio Cranberry Pound Cake
- Vegetable Oil Spray
- 2 cup all-purpose flour plus more
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoon orange zest finely grated
- 1 teaspoon lime zest finely grated
- 1 cup Yurosek Farms shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped coursely and divided
- 3/4 cup cranberries
1. Arrange rack in middle of oven and preheat to 325 degrees. Spray 9x5x3 loaf pan with cooking spray. Dust pan with flour and knock excess out.
2. Whisk together baking powder, salt and 2 cups of flour and put in a medium bowl. With electric mixer beat butter until light and fluffy on medium speed. Add sugar mix until well incorporated. Add Eggs one at a time and mix in each egg. Add zests and juices and mix til well combined. Add dry ingredients and reduce speed to low mix until blended. Fold in 3/4 cup Yurosek Pistachios and 3/4 cup cranberries. Pour into pan and smooth top. Cover with remaining 3/4 Yurosek Farms Pistachios.
3. Bake cake rotate half way through until tester comes out clean. About 1 1/2 hours. Put on wire rack and let cool completely in pan.
Ingredients for Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons whipping cream
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
1. Mix together sugar and butter on low speed until well blended. Then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
2. Add whipping cream and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Add more cream if needed for spreading consistency.
3. Top cake with frosting and top with Cranberries.