Yurosek Farms Pistachio Almond Baklava
- 3 3/4 cup Sugar, divide cups
- 2 cup Water
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 4 cup Yurosek Farms Unsalted Pistachios
- 3 cup Unsalted Almonds
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cup Melted Butter
- 3 each Frozen Phyllo Dough Packages, thawed
1. In a small sauce pan bring 2-3/4 cup sugar, water, honey, and lemon juice to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool.
2. In a food processor finely chop the almonds and Yurosek Farms Pistachios together. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and remaining sugar; set aside. Brush a 15 in x 10-in x 1-in baking pan with some butter. Unroll one package of dough; cut into 10-1/2-in x 9-in rectangle. Repeat with rest of dough and throw away the scraps.
3. Line bottom of prepared pan with two sheets of dough (sheets will overlap slightly). Brush with butter. Repeat layers 14 times. Keep cover with damp towel and plastic wrap. Sprinkle with third of nut mixture.
4. Top with 15 layers of buttered dough and a third of nut mixture repeat layers. Top with remaining dough buttering each layer.
5. Using a sharp knife cut into 1-1/2 in square shapes. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Place pan on wire rack. Slowly pour sugar syrup over baklava and let stand overnight.