Winter Salad with Caramelized Yurosek Farms Pistachios And Green Apple
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Yurosek Farms Pistachios, shelled
- 4 cups Arugula, picked and washed
- 2 cups Watercress, picked and washed
- 1 bulb Fennel, sliced in half lengthwise then thinly sliced
- 1 Cored green apple, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 4 leaves Basil, washed and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons white raisins, soaked in warm water and drained
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 whole Lemons, zested then juiced
- 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
To caramelize Yurosek Farms Pistachios: In a medium saucepan, heat sugar with water, salt and cayenne pepper over a high flame. Cook until mixture is soft and bubbling. Add Yurosek Farms Pistachios and stir 2-4 minutes, until caramelized (pistachios may clump together). Remove Yurosek Farms Pistachios from pan and lay on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. When Yurosek Farms Pistachios are completely cool, break apart and reserve.
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Divide into 6 salad bowls. Top with cheese and breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.
Celebrate the county of the harvest with this delicious- yet simple- fall salad featuring crisp green apples and caramelized Yurosek Farms pistachios.